Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto lanes change not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on both of those updates and had no issues. Were you on an actual highway? It won’t work on city streets or roads that Tesla doesn’t deem limited access roads.
I was on Washington State highway 522 and it refused to change lanes multiple times. I'd never driven on that particular stretch before, so I don't know if it always fails there for some reason or not.

It is only available when the 2 adjoining lanes are detected on screen just in case. If it went from being able to detect on a road to not after a patch then it might be an issue. If it's on a patch that you've never driven on before you just don't know.

I know it sounds simple, but make sure it’s turned on in the settings. Sometimes updates or changing driver profiles resets it.
You get the prize my friend! That’s exactly what happened. When I was driving to work this morning, I turned it on. Not sure why it turned off by itself. My guess is I did something stupid to bring out the large red steering wheel with really loud warning sound with a message saying take over immediately. I guess that’s enough to tag me as incompetent driver and take my auto turn lane privileges away:D

• Funny
Reactions: chinnam3