Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto-launching Tesla app on Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do not disturb mode is really do not disturb most of the time mode.

But what's the downside? What harm am I doing turning it off at night? I'm guessing that the button has been tested to live through a couple thousand presses. So why not? As for the battery, you don't think a battery that is sitting there only doing a shelf discharge lasts longer than one that is running/charging/discharging continuously.

Reactions: DJ Palmis
"Do not disturb mode is really do not disturb most of the time mode."

Don't really get what you mean by this...

"But what's the downside? What harm am I doing turning it off at night?"

Your Tesla app doesn't auto start! ;-)

Really, It's your phone man; restart it as often as you like. Just trying to save you a little hassle...

Reactions: tefla
Just received the latest update. The app updated and auto started pretty much right away (on a Oneplus 6T). Very nice, the "live camera view" is now right on the app's main screen when sentry mode is enabled so that saves a click.
I can't believe it: new version broke it again!
New version asked for new permissions about "near devices", I gave it but no key again.
What's wrong with Tesla developers?

"Do not disturb mode is really do not disturb most of the time mode."

Don't really get what you mean by this...

"But what's the downside? What harm am I doing turning it off at night?"

Your Tesla app doesn't auto start! ;-)

Really, It's your phone man; restart it as often as you like. Just trying to save you a little hassle...
some stuff can get through do not disturb. Don't really care as it spends the night on a different floor but I was responding to your do not disturb point.

The Tesla app does auto start again as reported a few months ago.

How about using airplane mode?
It's interesting that folks just don't want us turning off our phones and expecting the software to work correctly.

Before that argument starts I would argue that the same capability/feature that comes and goes repeatedly is a sign that the software is not working correctly.

Yes, probably airplane mode would solve the problem vs power down/ backup, but it doesn't really make it any better. If I'm powered down, I push the power button and come up. Then (when the app is not working correctly) tap the tesla icon. While indeed slower, it requires fewer interactions than airplane mode. To turn that off, I need to swipe down, swipe down again, swipe left to get to the airplane mode button. Then tap.

Reactions: DJ Palmis