TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Auto open boot on proximity and auto window up/down

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by baileywang, Mar 6, 2016.

1. baileywang

baileywang Member

Recently picked up my P85D from the Sydney centre and am loving the car - even the wife, after all the moaning and nagging about spending the money, loves it.

We've got 2 todlers and carting them around with handful of shopping would be so much more pleasant if the boot would open when the sensor detects the fob is approaching from the rear. Makes holding the little buggers and offloading them into the car easier.

Ohh also anyone know of a way to have the windows and sunroof automatically closes when the car locks?

2. thimel

thimel Member

Sorry, there is no way to do that.

3. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

Double click on the boot of the remote opens the boot on the car

4. paulp

paulp Member

Are you sure you want that function, the boot to open every time you approach the car? That would severly annoy me, especially if I was running for cover from driving rain, or I had a low beam over the car, or I was at a picnic and the boot just kept going up.
    Window operation from the fob is about the only thing I miss from the petrol era, but thats a small price to pay.

5. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Before any Model S were delivered to Australia the fob had a feature where if you hold down the central button all windows would wind down. Presumably to allow heat to escape on a hot day. Unfortunately after too many people returned to their locked car with all 4 windows down, some whilst it was raining, Tesla disabled the feature.

6. baileywang

baileywang Member

bugger looks like its manual controls it is!

7. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

Ford 4WD have an open boot feature, if the FOB is in range a simple wave of the foot at the rear (just under slightly) and it opens.... viola 'hands free'

-ECIT

8. baileywang

baileywang Member

yah i saw that, cant see why the software on the Telsa can't add this feature, surely it can base it in a similar fashion as the Ford.

9. AndrewNSW

AndrewNSW Member

Yes, I'm sure they could add this by using one of the many sensors around the car. Maybe a certain type of movement at a certain part of the car combined with the fob in range could open it..

10. paulp

paulp Member

Had that on our horrible bmw x3. Never worked properly. I'm sure any solution tesla came up with would work better than the bmw solution, which wouldnt be difficult.