Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto open boot on proximity and auto window up/down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently picked up my P85D from the Sydney centre and am loving the car - even the wife, after all the moaning and nagging about spending the money, loves it.

We've got 2 todlers and carting them around with handful of shopping would be so much more pleasant if the boot would open when the sensor detects the fob is approaching from the rear. Makes holding the little buggers and offloading them into the car easier.

Ohh also anyone know of a way to have the windows and sunroof automatically closes when the car locks?

Recently picked up my P85D from the Sydney centre and am loving the car - even the wife, after all the moaning and nagging about spending the money, loves it.

We've got 2 todlers and carting them around with handful of shopping would be so much more pleasant if the boot would open when the sensor detects the fob is approaching from the rear. Makes holding the little buggers and offloading them into the car easier.

Ohh also anyone know of a way to have the windows and sunroof automatically closes when the car locks?
Double click on the boot of the remote opens the boot on the car

Are you sure you want that function, the boot to open every time you approach the car? That would severly annoy me, especially if I was running for cover from driving rain, or I had a low beam over the car, or I was at a picnic and the boot just kept going up.
Window operation from the fob is about the only thing I miss from the petrol era, but thats a small price to pay.

Before any Model S were delivered to Australia the fob had a feature where if you hold down the central button all windows would wind down. Presumably to allow heat to escape on a hot day. Unfortunately after too many people returned to their locked car with all 4 windows down, some whilst it was raining, Tesla disabled the feature.