Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto-open door and driver profiles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the same problem on my last x (my wife eventually stopped carrying the second fob because of it) and I'm hoping I'm just missing something. Does/should the setting for auto open door link to driver profiles? The problem is when she goes out to her car, parked next to mine, the driver door always opens. Add into the mix my 2 and 4 year old are with her and it's kind of dangerous (for them and the car). Given that I've battled this for going on 5 years I'm assuming other people found a solution ... If there is one...Ive set that option to off on her profile (seems to stick) and made sure her phone is linked to her profile.

Had the same problem on my last x (my wife eventually stopped carrying the second fob because of it) and I'm hoping I'm just missing something. Does/should the setting for auto open door link to driver profiles? The problem is when she goes out to her car, parked next to mine, the driver door always opens. Add into the mix my 2 and 4 year old are with her and it's kind of dangerous (for them and the car). Given that I've battled this for going on 5 years I'm assuming other people found a solution ... If there is one...Ive set that option to off on her profile (seems to stick) and made sure her phone is linked to her profile.
Do you use the Easy Access profile? If you do, remember that is usually in play when the car is parked.

Do you use the Easy Access profile? If you do, remember that is usually in play when the car is parked.
Agreed but in play how is the question...

So does easy entry override the current user, assuming the current user has it enabled? Does easy entry profile save all settings or just those related to seats? It being a separate profile has always seemed confusing to me.

Agreed but in play how is the question...

So does easy entry override the current user, assuming the current user has it enabled? Does easy entry profile save all settings or just those related to seats? It being a separate profile has always seemed confusing to me.
All settings that are tied to any driver profile, are also unique to easy entry, IOW you have to set up preferences specifically for Easy Entry. There is no magical divining preferences based upon who drove it last, or who drives it most. It's not quite THAT smart.

All settings that are tied to any driver profile, are also unique to easy entry, IOW you have to set up preferences specifically for Easy Entry. There is no magical divining preferences based upon who drove it last, or who drives it most. It's not quite THAT smart.
Ok so:

My profile has easy entry and auto open door

My wife's profile has no easy entry and no auto open

Easy entry has auto open.

I drive car and get out, thus the profile is left at easy entry. My wife walks up with her phone and therefore the door opens, because it's not yet on her profile and still on easy entry?

Ok so:

My profile has easy entry and auto open door

My wife's profile has no easy entry and no auto open

Easy entry has auto open.

I drive car and get out, thus the profile is left at easy entry. My wife walks up with her phone and therefore the door opens, because it's not yet on her profile and still on easy entry?
I've never tested that scenario, but it sounds like correct behavior to me.