Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto open frunk for $15 [non electric]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I changed the frunk struts to my 2021 in 5 minutes and now it open on its own for only $15 struts...No need for the electronic ones for $300 plus.. yes i must close it manually but works great.

(moderator note: removed link that was created using amazon affiliate program)

Last edited by a moderator:
I changed the frunk struts to my 2021 in 5 minutes and now it open on its own for only $15 struts...No need for the electronic ones for $300 plus.. yes i must close it manually but works great.

Amazon.com: Lift Supports,ECCPP Front Hood Lift Support Struts Gas Springs for 2005-2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Compatible with 6304 Strut Set of 2: Automotive
There was a huge thread a couple years ago about changing out the gas struts so that the frunk hood would "pop" open without help. I did it. Works fine, but for some, you may also have to change the spring that holds the latch shut, which allows a finger to close it. Unlike @tll, I haven't had any bending issues.

I was going to get one of these options. But after owning my M3 a while I just don’t go into Frunk often enough to justify small expense, or risk of warping the trunk.
I keep charge cables, first aid, tire puncture kit, etc tools. I personally hope I never open my Frunk.
Yeah, the potential warping is the reason I’ve held off on doing this to my frunk.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ