Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto open Homelink gate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a strange issue with my Homelink setup. I have three Homelink profiles, two for getting in and out of my office garage, and one for my home garage door. All three of them work well. I have "auto open" enabled on the office garage entry gate and the home garage door.

I notice that the auto-open works consistently on the office garage entry gate. It fires at exactly the right spot. But the home garage door has stopped auto-opening. When I approach home, Homelink detects that I am getting near that gate, but it no longer shows the distance to auto-open. It worked fine for a few days after I set up that profile, then stopped working. I then deleted and set up that profile again, and it again worked for a few days. Now it won't work any more.

It still opens the garage door fine if I touch the profile to manually send the signal to open it. So this is not exactly a big problem, just a minor annoyance. I didn't find anything about this in the user's manual. Is anyone else experiencing problems with auto-open?