Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto park and summon no longer works for me!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2018 model 3 with FSD, and been using the FSD beta for a while, the last there updates I received I no longer able to do auto park or summon.
I am now in version 2022.36.20, App version 4.14.4-1455

What's not working:
- When you find a spot, and put reverse gear, an icon shows up to auto park, that's not there anymore
- When you have your car parked in a parking lot (let say a mall), from the app you click summon, it takes a long time spinning and comes out 'unable to do'. Even on my driveway when I want my car to be moved bit front/back using summon does not work.

I have tried this in many different times and scenarios.

Wonder if someone know of anything. Thanks.

FYI: I use FSD every day on my commute (on highway and local streets) which all works fine. (of course I don't like how it drives like a grandma, so I take over many times during the trip)

So far I've never played with Summon, so I can't comment on that one.

However,
- When you find a spot, and put reverse gear, an icon shows up to auto park, that's not there anymore
The way it works for me, is that when I'm cruising slowly forward in a parking lot next to perpendicular painted parking lines, the car detects them and presents the "P" icon near the right rear corner of the visualized car image. If I like the position and I want to activate Auto Park, then I touch the letter P icon, then shift into reverse and confirm the screen button that appears above the car image ( this is from memory while not in the car, but I think this is how it works).

I'm not sure if it can be initiated after you shift into reverse as you mentioned. I'll try it next time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dewg
So far I've never played with Summon, so I can't comment on that one.

However,

The way it works for me, is that when I'm cruising slowly forward in a parking lot next to perpendicular painted parking lines, the car detects them and presents the "P" icon near the right rear corner of the visualized car image. If I like the position and I want to activate Auto Park, then I touch the letter P icon, then shift into reverse and confirm the screen button that appears above the car image ( this is from memory while not in the car, but I think this is how it works).

I'm not sure if it can be initiated after you shift into reverse as you mentioned. I'll try it next time.
Yes, it does work in reverse. I drive past parking spots and then put it in reverse and it then offers the autopark.

Reactions: JHCCAZ
I have 2018 model 3 with FSD, and been using the FSD beta for a while, the last there updates I received I no longer able to do auto park or summon.

What's not working:
- When you have your car parked in a parking lot (let say a mall), from the app you click summon, it takes a long time spinning and comes out 'unable to do'. Even on my driveway when I want my car to be moved bit front/back using summon does not work.

FYI: I use FSD every day on my commute (on highway and local streets) which all works fine. (of course I don't like how it drives like a grandma, so I take over many times during the trip)
Im having the same problem since the latest FSD update

My Brand new 2022 S won’t go into or out of my garage. it moves close to the opening and just gives up. See pic of where it stops if I try to summon it out.

Attachments

• B699F12B-FBDF-423D-8286-AFF36C7DE55A.jpeg
    B699F12B-FBDF-423D-8286-AFF36C7DE55A.jpeg
    555.2 KB · Views: 206
In order to get smart summon to work make sure sentry mode is off. Once I did that smart summon works fine. Some people have to also unlock and lock the car remotely as well to get it to work. But so far, I just turn off sentry mode and it seems to work fine.

• Love
Reactions: Prairie

What's not working:

I have FSD as well and gave up on using auto park. I never use summon unless you have eyes on the vehicle and only use it to bring into and out of my garage. I tried the "come to me" once and the car almost hit a 25' pole before I stopped it thru the app. My opinion its a great gimmick for selling but the software just isn't there yet unfortunately. You should probably remove and reinstall the app as that worked for myself.

I have 2018 M3 with FSD. I have not seen the P on the screen for the past several updates.
I wonder if everyone is having this problem, or not. Perhaps, its a problem with the earlier cars that still have proximity sensors. When Tesla made them disfunctional, could they have also screwed up the autopark?

I have 2018 M3 with FSD. I have not seen the P on the screen for the past several updates.
I wonder if everyone is having this problem, or not. Perhaps, its a problem with the earlier cars that still have proximity sensors. When Tesla made them disfunctional, could they have also screwed up the autopark?
On FSDb, autopark seems to have broken around 10.69.3.1 and has not been fixed. I get no 'P' indicator, and do not get an offer to autopark once I put the car in reverse. Not a big deal for me, actually, as autopark is slow.

Reactions: ArchHamster
Autopark has been broken for me since 10.69.3.1. I assumed it had to do with getting things ready for no USS. Back when it was announced, I remember either people or tesla saying to expect these features to be disabled on fsd beta in the near future.

I don't smart summon and my prayers go out to those that do.

I do dumb summon a lot though. I noticed new undocumented dumb summon changes with 10.69.3.1. Before, dumb summon would bounce between cars in a tight space when trying to leave a spot, now it reacts way earlier to people, and doesn't really bounce. It just picks an angle and drives in it. Something I never seen dumb summon do before except when it's going in a straight line. It also used to have way, way more tire grinding. I'm impressed, although dumb summon did not respond to my fob stop commands one time and ran into a curb. Remember you can emergency stop summon with a door handle press/pull.

My guess, dumb summon on fsdb is already using VO, smart summon and autopark has it disabled until they bring it over to VO.

On FSDb, autopark seems to have broken around 10.69.3.1 and has not been fixed. I get no 'P' indicator, and do not get an offer to autopark once I put the car in reverse. Not a big deal for me, actually, as autopark is slow.
If there was a bad sensor, as reported in earlier threads, I would imagine that we would get a message "park assist unavailable". However, I get no " P" indicator nor a message. Has Tesla acknowledged a problem with the software? If not, should we get our sensors checked? However, newer cars don't have sensors and only cameras.
I wonder whether park assist works for them?

If there was a bad sensor, as reported in earlier threads, I would imagine that we would get a message "park assist unavailable". However, I get no " P" indicator nor a message. Has Tesla acknowledged a problem with the software? If not, should we get our sensors checked? However, newer cars don't have sensors and only cameras.
I wonder whether park assist works for them?
I got a response from service center that Auto Park is not available with FSD, no idea when it will be back.