Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto-park bashed our neighbour's car - should Tesla pay both repair bills?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think people here are saying that UK Consumer law MAY be different to California law with respect to 'fit for purpose'.
Consumer rights law in no way will pay for damage to someone else's car, at most you can get is a refund against some of the cost of what you have paid for something.
This would be an insurance claim against the manufacturer and you would have to prove negligence on their part. I would expect that would be costly, and Tesla are likely to defend on the basis of drivers being accountable for auto-park. If a no-win-no-fee lawyers was prepared to take it up then maybe, otherwise I wouldn't risk your own time and money pursuing something.

Consumer rights law in no way will pay for damage to someone else's car, at most you can get is a refund against some of the cost of what you have paid for something.
This would be an insurance claim against the manufacturer and you would have to prove negligence on their part. I would expect that would be costly, and Tesla are likely to defend on the basis of drivers being accountable for auto-park. If a no-win-no-fee lawyers was prepared to take it up then maybe, otherwise I wouldn't risk your own time and money pursuing something.
I don't have to prove anything - I'm not the OP :)
I was just pointing out that advice from California might not be the best thing in the UK & Ireland forum :)