Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto park feature question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have yet to use the Auto park feature how do you use it? When I am going forward on my other cars you press the find a spot button and it starts looking for a spot it can fit the car in where is that button Tesla? I normally turn on the camera app and press the cones but it never finds a spot. Going reverse is the same thing. Am I doing something wrong?

It’s not enabled yet on the new MS/X :( They said they will enable this and other features later on via software update (such as ANC, tilting screen, games on the back screen, pairing headphones etc).
The OP has a 2020 S, shouldn’t it be enabled there?

Autopark is hit and miss even in cars that have it. I suggest reading the Autopark section of the manual to learn how it’s supposed to work.

You drive slowly past the space, and a "P" square should appear in the driver's screen on the parking side when it finds a spot. Drive up parallel to the car in front of the space. Put the car in Reverse. The Large Display will then ask if you want to park. Over the weekend, I was on a one lane ally with parking on the left. It tried to park in a driveway on the right. The system is in eternal Beta, like all Tesla products. Works pretty good most of the time. Hasn't damaged my car, but I have no issue putting on the brake and stopping it if I have any doubts.

Reactions: KalJoMoS
You drive slowly past the space, and a "P" square should appear in the driver's screen on the parking side when it finds a spot. Drive up parallel to the car in front of the space. Put the car in Reverse. The Large Display will then ask if you want to park. Over the weekend, I was on a one lane ally with parking on the left. It tried to park in a driveway on the right. The system is in eternal Beta, like all Tesla products. Works pretty good most of the time. Hasn't damaged my car, but I have no issue putting on the brake and stopping it if I have any doubts.
Do you have that in the refreshed MS? If yes - what software version do you have?

Reactions: DerbyDave
The year car I own is below each post I make. It is a refreshed MS. Not a plaid. This may not yet be enabled in the new plaids. I am running 2021.32.22. It has always worked in the Ravens to my knowledge.
I'm pretty sure he is referring to a 2021 refresh MS. That is not what is in your signature.

Yes. The original post was from a 2019 member, so I assumed he had a raven. Refresh is also ambiguous, since my 2020 was always referred to as a refresh. Putting the year and / or raven/plaid would help, as would putting your car in your profile so it is displayed with each post. It is already difficult with major changes occurring within a single model year's production.;)

Reactions: Bull and iyordanov
You drive slowly past the space, and ....
That's the problem: unless you are trying it at 4am there's likely to be a line of cars behind also looking for parking: your car only recognises a fraction of the spaces and even then way past them so the following car is too close to be able to reverse in.
The system should be inert unless you ASK it to look for a space, then allow you to drive at any speed. At present you are an annoyance to others.