Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Park in my garage [parking via summon]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla 3 would not auto park in my garage and would stop at the entry. I noticed that my driveway had sunk and was below the garage by about 1.5 to 2 inches. I have filled it in with asphalt with a slope. The car still would not enter and stops at the door. Any suggestions?

The car still would not enter and stops at the door.
Summon fails half the time when it's going through my garage doors (with clearance of ~8" on each side). You can go into Summon and adjust the tolerance, but the car is trying to protect itself by stopping by the doors.
If it happens frequently, go old school and just drive it in (worked for most people for the last 80 years)

Just for clarity-

Auto-park does not work unless you're parking between two other cars.

Summon is a different feature (though they confuse things with that exit-to-park thing that is just summon) and only moves the car generally forward or backward in a straight line.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Since I bought my car in 2018, summon has worked ONCE early on in my ownership. I've tried it once each time there's an update to the car and it never improved. The car would back up a few inches and stop when it sees where my concrete floor meets the asphalt driveway, AND it would proceed to send the garage door down with the trunk in the way of the closing garage door. I gotta trip the garage door opener safety reverse sensor with my foot or it'll cause some big damage to the trunk lid.

Summon is pretty much a totally useless party trick. It works < 50% of the time when I attempt to use it to get my car in the garage. Coupled with how long it takes to get the app to actually connect for summon, it is more of a hassle than it's worth. Smart Summon is pretty much stupid too. At the moment FSD is a complete waste of money, but fingers crossed that won't always be the case.

• Disagree
Reactions: RNHurt and lUtriaNt
Do you mean summon? Auto park doesnt park in garages.
Just for clarity-

Auto-park does not work unless you're parking between two other cars.

Summon is a different feature (though they confuse things with that exit-to-park thing that is just summon) and only moves the car generally forward or backward in a straight line.

Yeah we had a discussion on this in another thread. This is clearly summon (not auto park), so I added some additional context to the thread title.

My Tesla 3 would not auto park in my garage and would stop at the entry. I noticed that my driveway had sunk and was below the garage by about 1.5 to 2 inches. I have filled it in with asphalt with a slope. The car still would not enter and stops at the door. Any suggestions?
My mistake in terminology! I meant Summon. Auto park is when one is inside the car, while summon is when the driver is outside.