Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto park into corner garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm about to order a Model Y, and whilst I'm likely to get it anyway, it'd be nice to know if this feature of enhanced autopilot will be useful to me.

My only parking spot is a garage which has a 2.4m opening. Whilst the measurements I have says it'll fit, auto park might be useful here. The main issue I foresee if the garage is on a corner so there's no real run up possible. Therefore, how straight does the car need to be for it to attempt the maneuver itself? I intend to park with mirrors folded.

I'm in the UK in case the technology is different/restricted here.

...My only parking spot is a garage which has a 2.4m opening. Whilst the measurements I have says it'll fit, auto park might be useful here....

I would be very cautious to count on Tesla beta features including Auto Park, Summon to get in and out of your garage.

In theory, it should work great but in reality, many have reported low-speed collisions if their reaction reflex is not fast enough to avoid it.

Right now the system relies on Sonars. Tesla thinks it will do much better with Pure Vision in the future.

Why would you keep summoning when you can see its not working right?!? (reference to video above)

Aside from that, a human is going to park better than a computer (for now). So if the space is super tight, you're better off doing it yourself.

I would be very cautious to count on Tesla beta features including Auto Park, Summon to get in and out of your garage.

In theory, it should work great but in reality, many have reported low-speed collisions if their reaction reflex is not fast enough to avoid it.

Right now the system relies on Sonars. Tesla thinks it will do much better with Pure Vision in the future.

Cheers, definitely worth knowing. I guess everything autonomous should be considered "beta" for the time being until a time when FSD isn't beta anymore. I'd assume at this point, when driver attention isn't required then the responsibility is with tesla if an incident like you posted were to happen.

Just need to make sure I have my mirrors (location aware) folded. Made that mistake already on my current car!

Why would you keep summoning when you can see its not working right?!? (reference to video above)
Over-reliance on technology. Denial that it doesn't work so keep going hoping it would work better.

Aside from that, a human is going to park better than a computer (for now).

The included Autopilot feature does not do Autopark/Summon.

When people pay $10,000, many think the money would buy them the technology of Autopark/Summon that's better than the free human's skill.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tha_Ape