Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Park issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to see the auto park feature, but I could not get it to work. After my Model3 identifies a parking spot, I hit the "Start" button. The auto park operation starts, the car starts backing up, steering wheel starts to rotate, then it aborts the operation, and the message "Service needed" shows up. There is also a message that says "Emergency stop disabled". These messages go away after a poweroff & power on. (lock/unlock). I have 2018.14.13 firmware. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

I wanted to see the auto park feature, but I could not get it to work. After my Model3 identifies a parking spot, I hit the "Start" button. The auto park operation starts, the car starts backing up, steering wheel starts to rotate, then it aborts the operation, and the message "Service needed" shows up. There is also a message that says "Emergency stop disabled". These messages go away after a poweroff & power on. (lock/unlock). I have 2018.14.13 firmware. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

I'd look into whether your AP2.5 ECU is malfunctioning or whether your ultrasonics are properly functioning. I'd bet it was the APE (AP2.5 ECU).

I'd look into whether your AP2.5 ECU is malfunctioning or whether your ultrasonics are properly functioning. I'd bet it was the APE (AP2.5 ECU).
The AP (Auto Pilot) engages just fine, and drives just fine (in auto pilot mode) on regular streets. The error messages went away after I powered off the car. The issue I see is just with Auto park feature.