Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto park issues with V9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I try to back into a parking spot, the auto park symbol would show up, I would press it and sit back. Ever since I installed V9, seems like the auto park feature is no longer available. I'm parking in the same spot, so it's not that, and the lines are clearly visible. What's going on?

I’m confused: you seem to be implying that your car would auto park based on parking lines. Auto park, afaik, has never done that. It needs two cars to be flanking the spot to park between since it uses the ultra Sonics and not the cameras to park.
so the lines don't matter? Ok, well i was backing into a spot today, flanked by a car on either side, no auto park.

You need to pass close enough to the cars flanking the spot so the ultra Sonics see them, and go a decent way past the spot. I personally don’t find the perpendicular parking system to be all that useful (in any car, my Volt’s system was the exact same) due to that since in a busy parking lot a guy behind you might snatch the spot since you have to pass the spot and the car is slow parking. The parallel park feature is more useful to me.

Next time you try it, try getting a bit closer to the cars as you go by and keep your speed to around 15mph or so and see if that helps.