Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto park problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my new mode 3 for a few weeks and have been trying to use auto park to back into a perpendicular spot between two cars. Every time I engage it my Tesla gets within an inch or two of one of the cars surrounding it and I have to abort the auto park. Is this something I should go to the service center about? Is there a potential calibration issue?

When I've used it, it seems to care more about the lines than the cars on either side. Could this be a cause? Otherwise I'd make sure your car's sensors (ultrasonic dots as well as cameras) are free of any dirt, debris, or material that could impact their ability to function correctly.

Otherwise, no harm mentioning it to service. You'll likely get some answering along the lines of it being a beta feature and it's not perfect. If you're "lucky" they'll actually find a problem.

I’ve had my new mode 3 for a few weeks and have been trying to use auto park to back into a perpendicular spot between two cars. Every time I engage it my Tesla gets within an inch or two of one of the cars surrounding it and I have to abort the auto park. Is this something I should go to the service center about? Is there a potential calibration issue?
Are you judging the "an inch or two" by the rear camera or have you got out and checked? Likely it is just scaring you and you are aborting too soon. The first couple of times I tried it I did the same thing thinking it was going to hit a car. However after letting it go it doesn't.

I have problems with the auto park even showing up on the screen to engage it. The few times that I have done it, it gets close to other cars and curbs but nothing that I'd judge that it will actually hit an object/car.
I have the same issues in that auto park rarely presents itself. Twice this week it hit the curb while parallel parking. Never showed up in several perpendicular opportunities.

Reactions: gcmak
I have the same issues in that auto park rarely presents itself. Twice this week it hit the curb while parallel parking. Never showed up in several perpendicular opportunities.

Same for me. I initially thought that maybe AP wasn’t even included because the “P” never showed up. I have to go incredibly slow...1mph... or almost stop and then pray that it shows up. Meanwhile, cars behind me are running out of patience...

Reactions: KerryOH