Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Park....working well

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had problem getting the P to pop up for auto park. So, today the Tesla technician told me that for Auto Park, you need 3 points: 2 on the sides and 1 on the back ( e.g. 2 cars with a space in between and a curve or a car in the back). Otherwise, the P won’t pop up. I tried that a couple of times with both backin and parallel and it worked well.

Live in Georgia and we don't have a front license plate (think goodness) and many places do not allow back in parking.

IMG_5591.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: jsight
Smart Summon will almost always back out first, even just a little bit. Auto part always move the car completely pass the parking space to measure the width to determine space requirement, either parallel or perpendicular.

I think it backs in if parallel parking and pulls in if perpendicular parking like at a mall parking lot. I have only used the auto park for parallel parking and find it works really well.
Same. I have never had issues parallel parking but last week I was parking in front of my condo and was getting ready to start parallel parking but noticed the P was available. So, I decided to give it a try...I was very pleasantly surprised at how well and fast it parked.

The only other experience I had with an auto park system was on a MB E350 and it was slow compared to the Tesla.