TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Auto parking stopped working

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by GasDoc, Nov 28, 2015.

1. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

#1 GasDoc, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    My auto parking was working fine and on Wednesday I had the LTE upgrade done. The SC also upgraded me to .77 and since then I can't auto park.

I get the "P" icon on my dash but the center console remains unchanged. No button to initiate self parking.

Have rebooted both systems to no avail. I guess I'll go to the SC and see if they can apply the update again.

2. McMuggets

McMuggets Member

The "p" appears but then u have to keep pulling more forward until the "p" turns solid. I had the same issue, but figured it out. Once the "p" goes solid grey color, you can put the car in reverse and you will have autopark.

3. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

I'll give it a shot. I thought I had the procedure down but maybe I never noticed that subtlety before

Thanks!

4. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

The procedure slightly changed in a recent update -- before it used to be just the P but now you need to get it to transition to solid

5. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Did you put the car into reverse?

6. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

My auto parking works and McMuggets and cinergi nailed it. I just needed to pull up a little more do the icon would change from the more solid "P". I think this is new in .77