Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto pilot and cruise control gone - multiple error messages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suddenly (2 days ago) cruise control and auto pilot won’t engage. Nothing I’ve done fixed it and I really can’t take it to service center any time soon.

Only thing I haven’t tried is a full power cycle (disconnect 12v and main battery).

Is there away for me to review the alert signal log the error message mentions?
909568CE-8881-4CB0-8413-1B629D350F51.jpeg

I would try powering the car off via the power off mode, or possibly power cycling it the way you said.

Nothing I’ve done fixed it and I really can’t take it to service center any time soon.

Normally we would suggest taking it to a service center, but this is one reason many people dont want to deal with rebuilt title teslas. There is not a lot of help out there if something goes wrong.

Hope it works out.

Happens every few weeks to my M3. Let it sit for a while and check if autopilot becomes available again. The service centre will only tell you that there is a software issue that will be fixed in a future update.
If it stays like this you'll probably have to get it checked though.

I would try powering the car off via the power off mode, or possibly power cycling it the way you said.

Normally we would suggest taking it to a service center, but this is one reason many people dont want to deal with rebuilt title teslas. There is not a lot of help out there if something goes wrong.

Hope it works out.
Yeah, if I do another Tesla it will NOT be a salvage title. It’s been great mostly but I feel like I’m driving with a sword over my head that’s gonna fall any moment

• Funny
Reactions: enemji and Kimmi
Happens every few weeks to my M3. Let it sit for a while and check if autopilot becomes available again. The service centre will only tell you that there is a software issue that will be fixed in a future update.
If it stays like this you'll probably have to get it checked though.
Does yours fix itself typically over night during deep sleep? That hasn’t helped in my case and I did a manual power off and a hard reboot.

I just did a hard power cycle and let it sit for 5 mins with no power. If that doesn’t work I’ll try to force reinstall the software.

Had zero issues until the latest update.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Should've started your thread with this.
How old is your 12v battery?
12v age Unknown. So far no errors with it and it seems fine what what I can tell. I have thought of replacing it as a precaution.

Also, salvage or not this sudden loss of cruise control is happening on clean teslas too. I’m 80% certain it’s a software glitch.

It could be an ECU issue though and that worries me a bit.