Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Pilot Changes already implemented?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are owners getting the newest update (2.9.12) getting it via wifi or from a service center?

It would be nice to have those data added to the Firmware Upgrade Tracker.

I got the2.9.12 update two days ago OTA. But I feel worse than Nancy Pelosi - not only couldn't I know what was in it until I had it, I now have it but still don't know what's in it because the release notes are for the totality of ver 7, not specific to the update. :(

Firmware upgrade tracker? What's that?

Firmware upgrade tracker? What's that?

Here's a link to the Firmware Upgrade Tracker:

Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

It was the brain child of a few poeple here, including dirkhh and hanklloydright, and Hank has done the heavy lifting with respect to the programming, etc. The idea is that we'll be able to gather data and have a good idea about how Tesla rolls out the updates. The more people that participate and add their data, the better. Hundreds of people are already contributing.

- - - Updated - - -

Are owners getting the newest update (2.9.12) getting it via wifi or from a service center?

It would be nice to have those data added to the Firmware Upgrade Tracker.

The update tracker did ask that, so the info must be there somewhere. I got it OTA

Here is the information you're looking for. It's available in the reports area, in the "Full Data Extract, Version 7.0 (Full) Report.

2912OTA-1.jpg

2912OTA-2.jpg

Why do you think pulling over to the side of the road was "the original plan"? I'm curious as that was something that I've missed.

Pulling over safely would require many more sensors, improved map data and relevant contextual road segment information IMO

It was in the release notes for a Beta version. There was no way that was going to make it to actual release for the very reasons you posted.

This is the way my P90D has worked from day one.

I picked up my 85D yesterday (Yay!!) and am ecstatic. However, I think I noticed a change in the Auto Pilot feature.

When I drove from Cincinnati to Columbus in early November on a P90D loaner I used AP for ~50 miles on the highway and I don't think I ever touched the steering wheel. Last night, when I was coming home from pick and dinner I used AP on 275 around Cincinnati and heard a chime and saw a message on the car.

View attachment 103013

After about 2-3 minutes of not holding the wheel, I heard a chime and that message appeared on the panel. "Hold steering wheel."

Thinking I could ignore it, I did so. After 10-15 seconds it chimed twice and displayed that message again. After another 10-15 seconds it started chiming continuously and the car started to slow down!

I repeated this 3x on the drive home just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

This DID NOT happen on the P90D.

For reference, my car says it has 2.7.106 software installed.

Anyone else notice this change?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I should note, that simply grabbing the steering wheel for a second or two would clear the message, stop the chime and would reset the 2-3 minute timer.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are saying but I've driven with just TACC (no AutoPilot) many times since v7 and it seems to be working fine.

Pre v7, if TACC becomes unusable, the car just turns it off with almost no warning. Just quick beep, and bam it's off (my wife looked at each other, WTF was that? and then we realized as the car started full regening). I had this happen multiple times in tunnels, so if you're not paying 100% attention (blah blah, you should have your foot on the brake/gas) the car abruptly starts slowing down and if someone is tailgating you, you may get rear ended.

My comment was that Tesla did the same thing as the competitors, and it wasn't reasonable.

FTR, I haven't used just TACC since v7, so I can't say if that abrupt disabling still happens. AP disengages more... smoothly, unless it shows the two red-hands-of-death, but then it beeps to get your attention A LOT. Both of which are reasonable.