Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Pilot - EAP

Are you getting EAP ?

• YES

Votes: 61 80.3%
  • NO

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like I'm the only one not interested in auto pilot for the car.
Am I the only one out there that feels that way.
Most people that I speak to about Tesla mention wanting the auto pilot feature before anything else.
Even if I don't opt to get EAP when configuring, I don't think I will add that those options down the road even if I decide I want it. I don't think I will be able to drop 10k.

That's the beauty of something like this forum. Everyone has different wants and needs and everyone can (I hope) respect everyone else's needs even if they are different from our own.

For me, EAP and FSD are the first things I will check off when I configure. I am reaching that age when you start thinking about independence and the ability to drive safely. I see this technology as a way to give the elderly, infirm and handicapped a new lease on life. I will do all I can to support the effort at bringing full autonomy to fruition.

Dan

I’m betting that Tesla will either lower the cost of EAP or will do something to break out the lane keep assist and TACC from a more updated Autopilot system in the next year or two.

A 5k option for TACC and lane keep assist seems way too expensive on a 35k vehicle, at least to me. If I’m remembering correctly, propilot on the new leaf doesn’t cost 5k, it’s like half that.

I was thinking about autopilot when I configured but wanted to be in first production so I didn’t check the EAP box. I’ll likely reconsider it after I’ve paid off the car in the next 1 1/2 years.

I’m betting that Tesla will either lower the cost of EAP or will do something to break out the lane keep assist and TACC from a more updated Autopilot system in the next year or two.

A 5k option for TACC and lane keep assist seems way too expensive on a 35k vehicle, at least to me. If I’m remembering correctly, propilot on the new leaf doesn’t cost 5k, it’s like half that.

I was thinking about autopilot when I configured but wanted to be in first production so I didn’t check the EAP box. I’ll likely reconsider it after I’ve paid off the car in the next 1 1/2 years.

Same here. Seriously thinking about not waiting for SR but pushing on EAP to fund an LR.

Autonomous driving is the ONLY reason I'm willing to wait another year for mine. Chevy doesn't have it. The Leaf supposedly is coming out with it, but it's only speed. I want my car to follow the car ahead of me no matter what happens. If traffic stops, I want it to stop. I drive over 100 miles round trip every day.

Reactions: Enginerd
I'm going to be honest - the Model 3 is going to be my family car and we'll drive realistically less than 1.5k miles a year with ~40% highway use. Like you, I also live in NYC where public transit serves most of my needs.

The cost per mile of EAP is going to be obnoxiously high, but we are still going to be getting EAP. In my opinion, it is a core feature of the car and differentiates it from other EVs. There are ICEs with features similar to EAP but the tech package of those will be around $3k+ if I remember correctly. EAP will take the stress out of long trips and sitting in traffic - two of the most dreadful things about driving for me.

We got EAP. I don't need the car to drive to the store and back, and rarely use EAP except on trips, but this TACC/EAP is a well tested, cool tool. Not sure I'd want FSD even if it were ready. Too much speculation.

You might be the only one on the planet that's "got EAP." Where did you get it?? For the rest of us, AP2 is a mishmash of overpromised, underdelivered features that still fall short of AP1. Just compared my AP2 to my daughter's Nissan Rogue with ProPilot Assist, and there's not much difference aside from the $100,000 in the price tags.

Reactions: internalaudit
You might be the only one on the planet that's "got EAP." Where did you get it?? For the rest of us, AP2 is a mishmash of overpromised, underdelivered features that still fall short of AP1. Just compared my AP2 to my daughter's Nissan Rogue with ProPilot Assist, and there's not much difference aside from the $100,000 in the price tags.
When was EAP introduced? I honestly don't remember. 6 months? A year?

I'm willing to wait. Certainly understand others are not. Sorry you have been disappointed.

Dan

I feel like I'm the only one not interested in auto pilot for the car.
Am I the only one out there that feels that way.
Most people that I speak to about Tesla mention wanting the auto pilot feature before anything else.
Even if I don't opt to get EAP when configuring, I don't think I will add that those options down the road even if I decide I want it. I don't think I will be able to drop 10k.
No FSB. While I'm somewhat on the fence about EAP, because of the price tag, my wife would .... be *cough* unhappy if we didn't get it. So it'll happen.

I ordered with EAP but not FSD. Like someone else said, I don't need it to drive me to the store. But my commute is long with a significant portion in stop and go traffic on the highway, which is my understanding of the environment where EAP excels.

I feel this may be the last car I buy. Not just because I am retired and living on a fixed income, but I think Elon might be right about the future:

20 years from now NO ONE will buy cars. As such I still enjoy driving, but I do like the idea that I am not the only responsible one driving down the road. And FSD will be great when I am trying to get my parkinsonian body to the doctor. I know, I could have had kids for that, but I prefer the Tesla.

-Randy

• Love
Reactions: ℬête Noire