Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto pilot error/ steering wheel issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
noticed today my Tesla model s 2020, when I put in autopilot it is delayed. It used to be automatic now the street lines turn blue first, then the autopilot is on, all within like 2/3 seconds as opposed to instantly. Same with turning it off. I also noticed at the same time, the left scroll and buttons (next, back) do not work now on the steering wheel. Are these issues tied together somehow? Has anyone else experienced it?

noticed today my Tesla model s 2020, when I put in autopilot it is delayed. It used to be automatic now the street lines turn blue first, then the autopilot is on, all within like 2/3 seconds as opposed to instantly. Same with turning it off. I also noticed at the same time, the left scroll and buttons (next, back) do not work now on the steering wheel. Are these issues tied together somehow? Has anyone else experienced it?
I've experienced this twice so far. The first time the buttons, horn and scroll wheels stopped working I didn't notice if it was because of auto pilot though. I called a tech they came and fixed it for free. It was covered under warranty. The second time it went out, I kinda thought maybe it was the auto pilot but I was unsure. I scheduled another service appointment. This time the Tech replaced the airbag and its working. I'm not sure if this is going to fix the issue though. I'm starting to think the auto pilot may be the problem.