Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Pilot Not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
We updated to 2018.42.3 a few days ago. Everything seem to be working okay and we were excited to try out the Navigate on Autopilot. Today when we engaged the auto pilot, everything froze...neither auto pilot nor the cruise would work. Tried resetting by depressing both the scroll wheels on the steering without any success. Does any one have any suggestions? Thank you,
Sital

I just got off speaking with customer support at Tesla and they informed me that there is a nation wide issue with Autopilot. It occurred today and they don't know what's causing it but they are working on resolving it.

Good to hear that they're working on it - I'm sure it's a priority if it's a nationwide problem. I posted having the same issue here: 2018.42.4 NO AP?.

wow, that must have happened after I got to work. It was working for me between 6:15am and 6:50am Pacific. I see the first post was after that time, but not sure when they were trying to use AP. I'm on 2018.42.4.

/edit read the other thread. Apparently it's not everyone, just most. Odd that some people are working while most are not.

I had a similar thing happen today going home from work an hour ago. Autopilot and cruise unavailable. I was thinking about doing a scroll wheel reset but after 5-6 minutes, it came on by itself, worked fine the rest of the way home.