Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto pilot problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I picked up my car the auto pilot was able to drive 10km's over the speed that was displayed on the dashboard.
then one day the speed limit display no longer showed the speed posted on the road. THIS WAS WORKING FINE BEFORE. Tesla said they changed suppliers and that the camera no longer reads the speed limit.
dose anyone have the same issue?

From what I've read in this forum, it sounds like Tesla recently changed the supplier of map meta-data, specifically the information providing speed limit information. It sounds like the new supplier had a lot of missing data for many roads, and maybe Tesla reverted back to their original supplier?

I forgot which version of the release that Tesla started using the new map/meta data... it's around June time if I remember correctly. For me, half of the local road I drive, the speed limit was not displayed. It was displayed, and, working with auto-pilot/speed assist fine till the new map software.

Not only is speed limit absent on many roads, on some of the main roads, the speed limit is just absurdly wrong. For instance, there is a stretch of 55mph road, in the middle of the stretch, about few thousand feet, Tesla would display 35mph.