Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto pilot settlement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The most I have ever received from a class action law suit was $10. The lawyers get most of the money.
Excluding yourself means you retain the right to sue on your own.
Not excluding yourself means you lose the right to sue on your own.

If you have no intention of suing Tesla it is pointless to exclude yourself from the settlement.

I am not a lawyer and don't play one on television.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it, which is $0.00.

Contact a real lawyer for advice.
His/her fee will likely be a lot more than you will get from the settlement unless you have a relative that is a lawyer.

Reactions: Upscaleman
Real lawyer here.

Class action settlements usually give virtually nothing to the class plaintiffs, as correctly noted by MurphyS90D, above.

However, if you opt out, are you willing to either retain an attorney and file your own suit, or let your actions expire after a certain amount of time has passed?

Further, I have not reviewed the settlement. Sometimes they contain injunctive orders, such as Tesla must do so and so by a certain date. Make sure you review the proposed settlement for any such elements before you make your decision.

The most I have ever received from a class action law suit was $10. The lawyers get most of the money ....snip....
actually - from experience, they don't .... most goes to pay errors & omissions policy, office lease, clearical (& their medical, SS etc) online reasearch Co, & uncle sam. And when they get zip for lost/contingency suits it averages out even lower. But feel free anyway to promulgate the old adage, "grass is greener on the other side". I'm not gonna opt out - the paltry $200 or so is better than nothing -
:)