Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto pilot speed setting not changing anymore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my setting to be +5 mph over the speed limit on autopilot and cruise control. When the posted speed limit changed, the car cruise speed would change too.

For example. If I was in a 55 mph zone, my cruise speed would be 60 mph. If the street zone changed to 45 mph, the car would drop setting to 50 mph.

Now, the 45 mph still reads on the screen as the posted limit, but my cruise speed stays at 60 mph. Been doing this for a few weeks now. Super frustrating.

Anyone else having this happen? I have a 2020 MS by the way. And yes, I am pulling the stalk backwards to put it in the automatic +5

Reactions: Rocketman123
If I’m using AP in my 2018 S, when the speed limit drops, my max speed will either show my current speed or speed limit plus offset, whichever is greater. If I don’t touch the AP stalk, my car won’t slow down for speed limit changes. That’s how it has always worked for me.

When speed limits are reduced (like going into a town) the car has always just coasted at best. Never has made an effort (like braking) to slow down. It will only slow down if another car is in front slowing down. This is “normal” bad behavior and has been for a long time, regardless of complaints.

When speed limits are reduced (like going into a town) the car has always just coasted at best. Never has made an effort (like braking) to slow down. It will only slow down if another car is in front slowing down. This is “normal” bad behavior and has been for a long time, regardless of complaints.
me too. but my set cruise limit would always drop. it would coast, but the set limit would reduce to match the posted speed limit sign (+5 in my case), but not anymore