Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto present door opening while walking away from car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if anyone else with auto present doors enabled has this problem: My door constantly opens when I am walking away from my car.

I’ll park, get out, close the door and start walking away. As soon as I get to the charge port the door pops open again (less than a second or two after I closed).

In the garage it’s annoying, out in the street it’s dangerous as it opens into traffic or if I miss it then my doors are open while I am gone.

It seems like the doors logic should have something factored into how long again the doors had been closed. Can’t seen a scenario where the auto present needs to trigger again so quickly after getting out of the car and closing the door.

Has anyone else had auto present door issues like this? I love the feature when it works so don’t want to disable for a bug like this.

Not surprising that you couldn't find this (it is well buried):
Then 2018.14.2 came out - and I got an email from Tesla saying this firmware should address the auto-door opening problems I had since I purchased it. Sure enough, after reactivating that feature, I have not had a repeat.
ETA: Also not necessarily obvious, you can click the little up arrow to the right of the username in the quote in order to see the quote in context.