Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Present Front Door now bumps me before I get past it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland
Does anyone else use the Auto Present Front Door (APFD) option and having new issues in the past 2-3 weeks? Maybe 2nd to last software patch?

It seems to have changed recently seemingly so that it would open faster (ie. you do not have to wait as long for it to fully open).

HOWEVER, if you have limited room between your X and the garage wall then you are only like 4-6" from the side of the vehicle so then the software timing is off and I am not all the way past the edge of the front door before it tries to quickly open -- THEN it bumps me. Happen consistently. I used it for quite a while before this started so it is new.

I did report this to Tesla but I fear others have APFD turned off and wouldn't notice this change.

"HOWEVER, if you have limited room between your X and the garage wall then you are only like 4-6" from the side of the vehicle so then the software timing is off and I am not all the way past the edge of the front door before it tries to quickly open -- THEN it bumps me. Happen consistently. I used it for quite a while before this started so it is new."

My X has done this for a long time, not just recently. I turned the feature off some time ago for that reason.

I don't notice this behavior. My door for the most part opens properly, it just gets a little excited opening and closing when I am in certain positions. Twice it has opened a little too far in my garage and tapped the wall. No damage, but I am going to install a wall guard to protect the door.

I have them on; and I don't notice this behavior.
How close do you walk next to the X? Try it at like 6" --- as if you don't have much room to walk between the wall and your X.

Mine was working consistently well then then changed where it bumps me consistently. Its like they sped up the timing of when it opens so once you are past and normally walking with a distance of 1'-2' away from the side of the car it would arch open in perfect timing.

I had a similar post on the FB group and another person has the same issue and reported it.