Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto-present handles OFF touching rear handles does nothing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just telling you Tesla's official response to me on that.

But I agree with you - they do appear to be touch sensitive too, right? Perhaps this person wasn't aware, but he sounded extremely confident when I asked him about it.
They are touch sensitive, but a touch doesn't work unless the car is already unlocked. So the only time it's useful is if the car is already unlocked and the handles have gone back in after the timeout. This happens without locking only if you are standing by the car (as in a car show for example).

Reactions: JimmyAZ
Gotcha. Yeah I just tested it again today and the tears present just like the fronts. I have to say it's a bummer that the SC don't have all the information we're able to gather at their fingertips. It's become even more obvious around the 3 release.

I think Tesla's own people get confused as to when things work or might they not. Not blaming them... rules change on any given software release. And it's not like most employees suffer with a Tesla of their own as their daily driver to really get to know the nuances of when stuff works, or doesn't...

This whole thread becomes moot when one day, a programmer decides things shouldn't work this way, and from now on.. touching rear handles will present all doors. There, done. Move on. That problem was so pre-June 2017 !!
Excellent point! Moving on! hahaha