TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Auto-presenting door handles retrofit?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by NuttyNet, Jul 14, 2018.

1. NuttyNet

NuttyNet Member

Hello guys,

Is there a retrofit for this? I have the auto-i=unlock feature, which basically means I can walk up to the car with fob in pocket and tap the door handles to unlock the car.

I am wondering if I am simply missing the fob antenna's and a firmware update in order to enable auto-presenting handles, and similarly auto-locking as I walk away from the vehicle.

I have a 2013 Model S without the tech package, and i've already done the Navigation retrofit which I'm ecstatic about. I also discovered that I have a main wiring harness that apparently travels form the front to the rear of the car, so I am also looking into doing the parking sensor mod, assuming Tesla will sell me the parts and update the firmware to enable the functionality.

Anyone have any info on auto-presenting doorhandles?
    Thanks in advance!
    Amit