Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto presenting door handles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had a set of the evoffer RGB self presenting handles since November 2022 so a little over a year old at this point. Up to a little over a week ago they worked great then I noticed the RGB lights not working and a couple of days later 3 of the handles self presented and now they won’t retract. I don’t know if this is the ICU module or a problem caused by a Tesla firmware update. I know the unit has power as it still connects via Bluetooth (TESLA-SHUN) but nothing works. Trying to get help from evoffer is done through telegram and is a PITA and I’m still broke driving around town with handles that are protruding from the Model Y, if I had any idea it was going to be this difficult to get assistance from customer service I never would have spent the $400.

Attachments

• IMG_0073.jpeg
    IMG_0073.jpeg
    468.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0072.jpeg
    IMG_0072.jpeg
    462.7 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Kimmi
I have had a set of the evoffer RGB self presenting handles since November 2022 so a little over a year old at this point. Up to a little over a week ago they worked great then I noticed the RGB lights not working and a couple of days later 3 of the handles self presented and now they won’t retract. I don’t know if this is the ICU module or a problem caused by a Tesla firmware update. I know the unit has power as it still connects via Bluetooth (TESLA-SHUN) but nothing works. Trying to get help from evoffer is done through telegram and is a PITA and I’m still broke driving around town with handles that are protruding from the Model Y, if I had any idea it was going to be this difficult to get assistance from customer service I never would have spent the $400.
Interesting - I’ve had the total opposite experience with EVOffer, they probably have the most responsive customer service out of all these 3rd party vendors. They also send voice messages and clear instructions. The time difference is tough, granted, but they really do provide pretty good support imo.

As for your handles being stuck - did you install the kit yourself? If all 4 of your handles are acting up, it might be an issue with your main ECU, especially since you said the Bluetooth is working still.

There may be an update available from EVOffer on their GitHub page for the ECU, have you checked there?

Here’s a link to that page, not sure which mark kit you have but seems like the RGB kits got an update about 2 months ago