Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto-Presenting Doors not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

just had this issue come up starting this morning. My self-presenting door worked well yesterday but stopped working as of this morning. When I walk up to the car it doesn't open, when I press the door handle the car door doesn't pop open. The door will only open when I unlock the car first with the fob then press the door handle. I made sure the "passive entry" was on, did the reset, toggled between on and off for the "passive entry" and still nothing.

Anyone else experiencing this issue or have experienced it? Taking it into the SC next week but just curious to see other's responses.

For anyone with this, have you tried toggling Automatic Doors? I’ve seen some weird things come and go, like the car wakes up with the fob nearby or it doesn’t. I assume it should, even with Auto on and Passive off. (It wakes up (lights flash), but I still need to open the doors/unlock with the fob.

But at one point the lights weren’t flashing in this case. Toggling Auto to off and then back to on fixed this, if this is the correct state of affairs.

So, also try toggling Automatic Doors. And I assume leave Passive enabled, since you want the doors to present.

I believe I had this same unit replaced too, but also I find sometimes the door won't swing open by itself. The SC recommended opening and closing it 2-3 times in a row, to help re-adjust the sensors. After doing that, it works fine again.... (for a while)....

-m

had my BCM replaced last week. in the year I've had the car, that's two 'major' components (including an AC compressor). perhaps three if you include the seals for the FWD's.

Don't get me wrong, the SC has been fantastic. quick, efficient and loaners. But I hope all major issues are resolved long term before the warranty runs out!

I'm having the exact same issue. Have taken multiple videos showing that I can't get back into the car unless I double tap the top of the fob.

So have folks who had their BCM replaced not seen this again after? Did this issue really only start after the software update in October that added the "passive entry" feature?