Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Presenting Driver Door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys,
how is you auto-presenting door behaving. Our X was delivered with the feature disabled. I enabled it after the OTA SW update on Sunday but it did not work. Today SC folks enabled it for us and now it is 'working' but without any rhyme or logic. It opened a couple of times as we passed by even without the key fob with us. On one occasion it seems to have opened on its own. Not sure what if there is any logic. I have disabled it again for now but was wondering if anyone has had a flawless experience.

mine is pretty close to flawless. That is it opens when I approach. It also seems to know if I approach from the front of the car and it will open the door partly, then when I go around the partly open door to the other side, it seems to sense it and open it fully.

HOWEVER, I do get those instances where it only opens partially even though there are no obstructions or when I have the car parked for a bit and the doors don't auto present at all and I have to hit the button to open the door.

I turned mine on at delivery and found it to be fairly solid but with a few quirks here and there. Yesterday in anticipation of going to a parking garage with valet parking I turned it off so I would not encounter a door ding or something with the valets not expecting it. During the trip I had withdrawals because my door would not auto open/close. It was terrible and a life changing event. As soon as I left the parking garage I switched it back on again and now I am happy again and the world is a nicer place.:D

I know the 90D without the premium upgrade does not have the self-presenting door, but is it still motorized? Push button to open, brake pedal to close? Or is that only with the Premium upgrade?

Just curious if I have a regular front door coming soon or something special even without Premium upgrade.

Thank you!

I know the 90D without the premium upgrade does not have the self-presenting door, but is it still motorized? Push button to open, brake pedal to close? Or is that only with the Premium upgrade?

Just curious if I have a regular front door coming soon or something special even without Premium upgrade.

Thank you!
Yes, still motorized and all features you mentioned. Just does not auto present.