Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Raise (Suspension) glitch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sublimaze1

8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins
Sep 6, 2012
Basin City, TX
So ....

I have had my S for almost four years, okay, 3 years and 8 months, and have liked what the air suspension has had to offer, particularly in parking at the bank, the car wash (those darn rails), etc.

However, in the last three weeks, I have been noticing that it attempts to activate even when I am going 65 mph on the freeway / highway / expressway (your choice of vernacular). In prior years, this has not been an issue as the car has seemed to understand that above 20 mph or so, you probably aren't parking.

Anyone notice this "glitch"? It is annoying as it is an alarm beep and, just today, it beeped at my bank, the donut shop (don't judge) the car wash, and dry cleaners ... all while I was buzzing along at 50mph to work.

(prior to three weeks ago, this did NOT happen). Possibly an SU push from Tesla ????

Thoughts?

WJ

If you keep the suspension window open, it will bring up the little box with an (x) saying "auto-raising location". then click the x and it will forget that location. I have had this happen if you stop somewhere close to the highway and then go past on the highway if it thinks you are too close, it will give the alarm about not being able to raise due to speed.

I have noticed that in a recent software update the GPS location on the mytelsa app thinks my car is a few hundred yards away from where it actually is - maybe the car thinks it is closer to the location if it happens to be off the highway?

I don't have any locations set to auto raise but my homelink is set to auto open and continues to work flawlessly (one could assume its off the same geofencing logic)

ps - no issues or damage at the auto car wash?

Thank you all. I have had issues only recently. Before, I could go by these locations "slowly" and it would attempt ... but in general, at highway speeds, it ignored it.

It is no longer doing that.

I do not want to (x) out the locations, because these are locations that I visit at least monthly. I bought air suspension for a reason, and I do not want to discontinue using it because of a software glitch.

Taxes, death, and software glitches.
WJ

Reactions: Austin Powers
I like the auto-raising activating when coming home to the driveway. However, does the MS auto lowered back to previous level when you leave the tagged GPS location? Right now, I'm having to remember to lower the suspension back to standard after leaving the driveway.

At Nowhere, I'm either raise nor sink! GPS-Map related problems

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    405.4 KB · Views: 54
I like the auto-raising activating when coming home to the driveway. However, does the MS auto lowered back to previous level when you leave the tagged GPS location? Right now, I'm having to remember to lower the suspension back to standard after leaving the driveway.

I don't think it raises solely based on leaving the location. It lowers from very high to high when you hit 22 MPH, and from high to standard when you hit 34 MPH.

I don't think it raises solely based on leaving the location. It lowers from very high to high when you hit 22 MPH, and from high to standard when you hit 34 MPH.

Thanks - now I don't have to worry about lowering the suspension after leaving the tagged location. Finally got to read the manual too:

"After leaving a saved location, the suspension may not lower based on an automatic lowering speed that you have set (Controls > Suspension > Automatic Lowering) until you are driving faster than the auto-raising speed thresholds described above. "

I've paid attention in my last few commutes, and I don't think what I said above is completely correct. I wasn't able to get the first lowering (from very high to high) to happen until about 34 MPH. Monitoring for the second lowering, I was able to go a steady 44 without triggering it. But bump to 45 and it happened immediately.

So maybe the thresholds are different. Or maybe there are different factors involved. I'm going to keep watching and see if I can pin down a repeatable pattern.