TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Auto resume charging

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by shanghai_knight, Sep 3, 2014.

1. shanghai_knight

Not sure if this is documented somewhere. I have been out of HK for a few days and left the car in the car park with 13A cable connected. It first charged to full and stopped charging a few days ago, but soon started vampire drain at a rate abt 15km/day (I had power saving mode off). When I woke up today and checked the status again through mobile app, the car obviously automatically resumed charging and is now full again. Found this interesting to share with the group.

2. youpidou

youpidou Member

That sounds like a lot of vampire drain! Is it typical? Does it depend on environmental factors such as temperature or humidity? If you had had power saving mode on, how much could you have reduced it in your experience?
    Even though it's clever that the charge resumes on its own, it would be better to have no vampire drain...
    Thanks for sharing!

3. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

This could be the air conditioner, with HK having 95% humidity and 34 degree C all day at the moment.