TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Auto Save

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by vfx, Mar 4, 2012.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to recover one? I see the yellow box come bottom right on when typing but have no idea how to retrieve one if needed.

How deep is the save? Small crash? Big one?

Auto-Saved

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Hmm, I've had it recover if I moved away from the page by mistake. Not sure if it saves to the browser's cookies or to the database though. I tend to write larger posts elsewhere then copy back in since I don't fully trust it.

3. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769

Over a year later (my posting frequency does not approach either of yours) and I have the same question. Answers?

- - - Updated - - -

Found the answer here: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/archive/index.php/t-10225.html
    "Try going back to the thread, which from your link I can figure was here: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/10217-quot-Tesla-May-Need-To-Slow-Down-Electric-Vehicle-Production-quot . Click "Reply to Thread". In the bottom left corner of the editor box, you may see a button that says "Restore Auto-saved content". Click that. Hopefully there's still some of your post there."

4. scotty2541

scotty2541 Member

No. Doesn't work. I was creating a new thread, and watched it flash "auto-saved" over and over and over. Then it told me to log in again, and everything is gone.

What good is "auto saved" if there is no way to recover it?

I thought I was doing a favor composing the details of my DIY fix. I sure learned my lesson about trying to contribute... :-(

5. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Sorry you lost your post but please consider reposting. Like anything on a computer if it's important and took a lot of time to create always best to have a backup copy. Maybe composing it in Word, e-mailing yourself a copy now and then...etc might be alternatives to the auto-save feature here in case it doesn't work.

6. woof

woof Model S #P683 Blue 85 kWh

I had a browser lockup recently during composing a post...I also thought it was gone, never to be recovered.

But when I clicked "reply" on the same post I was composing before, at the bottom left of the reply box was a small button that reads "Restore Auto-Saved Content" (see image below). I clicked it, and it indeed recovered the text. So auto-save does work, it's just not obvious that one has to reply again with a "new" reply to trigger it

AutoSave.png