TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

auto-set bluetooth (iPhone) as the audio source?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by ljwobker, Mar 3, 2015.

1. ljwobker

ljwobker Geek.

May be a repeat question, but is there a way to have the car default to using the bluetooth as the audio source when you start up? Every time I get in mine I have to either use the right thumb wheel or navigate through the touch screen to select my phone (iphone 5) as the audio source.

And yes - I know it's super nit-picky, but I figured I'd ask.

2. SteveW25561

SteveW25561 Member

No way that I know of but it would be a very welcome option. I use the bluetooth almost exclusively.

3. jayman

jayman Member

Same here

4. muleferg

muleferg Member

I have noticed it sometimes will start playing the album I was playing when I got out of the car. Had the car a year and it happened 8 -10 times. It must be haunted.

5. RAW84

RAW84 Member

I'd like this as well. I use an iPod Touch that I leave in the car for music. Sometimes it automatically starts playing where it left off, sometimes it will have the last song up but paused, sometimes I'll have to manually select the iPod Touch as the music source, and sometimes it won't even show the iPod Touch as a musical
    Bluetooth device.

I haven't, yet, been able to decipher any rhyme or reason as to why it enters in a particular mode.

6. jayman

jayman Member

I think it has to do with the phone. For instance, if use an app with audio or video it will trump what you just had been listening to