Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto shop recommendations for Coilover Install? SF East Bay Area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering getting the unplugged performance luxury coilovers installed on my Model Y PUP.

I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations on auto shops in the San Francisco Bay Area that knows Teslas (if that's really important, maybe not), and would do a good job?

I've been in the VW/Audi world for awhile, and I know all of my favorite shops for that, but they're pretty specific to those cars.

I'm in Berkeley!

Thanks!

I’m sure @UnpluggedP can help you find one or you can drive down to them. They have a 30 day money back guarantee on their products and I think their install prices are a lot cheaper if you buy and install from them. They might have a demo vehicle you can drive prior so you can test drive before you commit. Might be worth the drive.

So while @RedwoodMotors sell their own coilovers (and other Tesla Parts), they also have a full-service shop and are willing to install anything (as someone who got my MPP LCA Bushings installed by them). Solid work, good price and they can do the alignment as well. They're in Fremont, just across from the Tesla factory.

Reactions: noshadow
We are very familiar with the Y chassis and have a number of our beta test Ohlins suspension kits out in the wild now collecting data. We are more than happy to install other suspension sets, we don't discriminate here. Let us know if we can help (as Blainer above said, we're a block from the Tesla factory here in Fremont... exit the factory on Industrial and go one block, we're around the corner).

[email protected]