Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto steer doesn’t change lane [Lane change is part of EAP / FSD]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I drive with auto steer on, it follows the lane, but when I turn on the right signal or left signal it would not change the lane. If I manually change the lane that turns off auto steer. Then in order to turn on the auto steer again I have to turn off auto pilot and then turn it back on then turn on auto steer. Am I doing anything wrong?

When I drive with auto steer on, it follows the lane, but when I turn on the right signal or left signal it would not change the lane. If I manually change the lane that turns off auto steer. Then in order to turn on the auto steer again I have to turn off auto pilot and then turn it back on then turn on auto steer. Am I doing anything wrong?
Changing lanes when using autopilot is part of the “enhanced autopilot” package. You can add the extra package to your car via tesla mobile app or within car.

Are you certain about this? I found this on Tesla’s site. Model Y Owner's Manual | Tesla
1665696723313.png
This note is literally at the top of the page you linked...

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
This sounds really annoying. On my Audi when I have lane keep and radar cruise running, when I signal a lane change it allows me to change the lane manually (disengages lane keep w the signal on) and then once I’m done changing the lane it turns back on automatically again. Can they fix this with software update, how can we request this feature.

Reactions: Tha_Ape
This sounds really annoying. On my Audi when I have lane keep and radar cruise running, when I signal a lane change it allows me to change the lane manually (disengages lane keep w the signal on) and then once I’m done changing the lane it turns back on automatically again. Can they fix this with software update, how can we request this feature.
They keep it annoying in hopes of people paying for EAP or FSD. It’s been like this forever so I wouldn’t hold my breath on them changing it.

Reactions: Kupe

Even my 2010 Prius behaved that way. With lane keeping and radar on, it just paused lane keeping while the blinker was on and resumed it once it was turned off.

Teslas implementation is annoying and constantly dimming the audio every time you engage/ disengage the cruise. Wakes up passengers trying to sleep on a long trip, too.

Reactions: mcsenerd
They keep it annoying in hopes of people paying for EAP or FSD. It’s been like this forever so I wouldn’t hold my breath on them changing it.
Every time im driving my Tesla, i feel like I'm at a restaurant staring at the menu seeing the $6000 caviar and thinking how dumb it is but at the same time wishing it was free. I think the reason the "Tesla wave" is not a thing is because of this.

You gotta pony up $6000 for that or go full monty with FSD for $12000 or $200/month subscription

Does anybody know if maybe Tesla will offer the auto lane change a la carte for like $1000 vs paying the for the full EAP or FSD?
Auto lane change is part of the $6000 package called the enhanced Autopilot or the FSD which is $12000 (Or 200 per month). The enhanced AP was a free package in my last Tesla in 2017 and so was the premium connectivity but all that is gone since Elon Musk got greedy and now its grab all the money you can, however and wherever you can.

Every time im driving my Tesla, i feel like I'm at a restaurant staring at the menu seeing the $6000 caviar and thinking how dumb it is but at the same time wishing it was free. I think the reason the "Tesla wave" is not a thing is because of this.
Part of the appeal of Tesla was the enhanced AP that was actually free atone time. This is how Tesla stood out from the crowd. One of the reasons why EV industry is slowing down and will probably skid to a halt is because of stupid policies like this. Yes it should be free for basic thing that was free to begin with. EV industry is still in infancy and it wont take much to convince people to go back to ICE.