Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto steer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I currently see in the autopilot
I believe you have to have the Auto Pilot or Advanced Auto Pilot (or FSD). If you look at the available upgrades in the app, or the info screen in the car you should be able to tell if those are on that vehicle.
thank you for the reply. This is what my options are in the autopilot menu.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 216
I recently purchased a used 2018 model x. And it’s On hw2.5. If Ii upgrade to hw3.0. Do i get the auto steer and active cruise control?
AFAIK, all HW2.0+ Teslas come with both of those features. To engage TACC, you pull back on the cruise control stalk once. To engage autosteer, you pull the same stalk back twice. The features you get depend on what features you pay for, not what hardware you have (if you pay for FSD, the HW3 upgrade is inclded with that purchase).

AFAIK, all HW2.0+ Teslas come with both of those features. To engage TACC, you pull back on the cruise control stalk once. To engage autosteer, you pull the same stalk back twice. The features you get depend on what features you pay for, not what hardware you have (if you pay for FSD, the HW3 upgrade is inclded with that purchase).
Thank you for the clarification. I tried that and it doesn't engage the auto-steer. So it sounds like I have to take the car and see why it doesn't engage these functions.

But aren't these standard features in a tesla????
From my post above and the current Tesla website: AP with autosteer is standard now.

At some point they became 'standard'. For early model year Teslas some feature (autosteer part of AutoPilot) required payment. Other features have always been standard ... you can see the table below and guess which ones have been standard forever (ie. safety related ones).

vTlyHSE.jpg