TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Auto Suspension Adjust Help

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by tessla, Sep 21, 2017.

1. tessla

tessla Member

Hi Everyone!

My new MX will auto-raise the suspension, at locations i had set, but not auto-lower.

I noticed that when i raise the suspension at a location, a spinning wheel will occur, and mentioning that it is memorizing the location, and i would even have that "x" button to cancel the memory from happening.

However, when i lower the suspension to "very low" at a destination, the car lowers, but it doesn't memorize that setting. Is this only a raise suspension feature?

We have the dogs in the back, and its nice to get home and have the car auto lower to "very low".

any advice would really help!
    Thanks!

2. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Yes, for some reason, it only GPS-saves ride suspension height for High and Very High. Send an Email to [email protected] and ask for this feature. I did over a year ago, but if we get enough people requesting it, maybe it will be added in a future OTA update.

3. tessla

tessla Member

Thanks! I actually just called tesla and asked them about it, and the service tech told me it should do it. So i was really confused. But it honestly just seems like the feature is not available.

Am sending an email right now.

4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

If they said that, they can't read their own manual. :D

upload_2017-9-21_12-3-38.png

5. animorph

animorph Member

When you raise the suspension manually or by GPS it only lowers when you exceed the fixed speed threshold for that setting. Not really a complete geofence. Manual lowering has no specific trigger that would raise it again, I think. Tesla would have to geofence around the manual lowering GPS location, but that would also involve a decision, or another setting, about the size of the area it would use. Not a big problem, but different than their current model of operation.