Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto tilt mirrors not saving position (Model Y 2021)

SteveW25561

Jun 10, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Our brand new (Sept 2021) Model Y (Long Range, Canada) doesn't seem to save the position for the auto-tilt on reverse.

No matter how many times I put the car in reverse, with Auto-tilt ON, and then set the desired position (then hit SAVE on the user profile drop down), it always reverts to the factory default tilt position and ignores any saved position in reverse.

Unlike other threads I've found, both mirrors do indeed tilt, but they won't remember the desired position.

Normal, Drive mode mirror position saves properly.

Software v 10.2 (2021.11.103) in Canada.

JimmySure

Jul 13, 2021
Seattle
Similar issue. I prefer to have just the passenger tilt on reverse. I keep changing the settings and saving, but both mirrors reset to tilting next time I drive. Thinking there is a bug with latest software update.

chnry

Apr 8, 2021
Vancouver
Similar issue. I prefer to have just the passenger tilt on reverse. I keep changing the settings and saving, but both mirrors reset to tilting next time I drive. Thinking there is a bug with latest software update.
Ive never gotten mine to work since I picked up my MY in April 2021. After probably 4 or 5 updates now. It's been the same

NCNB

Oct 13, 2021
Newport Beach, CA
This was on my list for the service center to address along with all other delivery defects. The response on my invoice was that this is a known issue -- more specifically, it's not an option on the Model Y and will be available via future firmware update...

• Informative
Reactions: UncleCreepy

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC