Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone recommend a good Auto Tint near the Orange County Tesla Service Center? Depending on what time they schedule the appointment for me to pick up the car, I might just drive it directly to the Tint in the area to get it tinted. I am looking to do LLumar or 3M tinting. Leaning towards Llumar CTX since it is darker.

Rear Hatchback = 15
Rear Sides = 15
Front Sides = 15 or 30s
Front Windshield = 80

If you have experience with these guys you are recommending, how much did you pay so I have an idea.

Thanks,

Got the past 5 cars in our family done at TW Tinting in Santa Ana, few freeway exits up from the Costa Mesa service center. Had my MS 70D done there the week after I took delivery. I like the Winco ceramic tint they have, and have not had any issues in the past 4 years. The heat blockage property of these film is excellent, but some complain they get some weird blue hue when looking at certain angle but doesn't bother me as much.

Look them up on Yelp. #1 shop in the past 4 years.

Got the past 5 cars in our family done at TW Tinting in Santa Ana, few freeway exits up from the Costa Mesa service center. Had my MS 70D done there the week after I took delivery. I like the Winco ceramic tint they have, and have not had any issues in the past 4 years. The heat blockage property of these film is excellent, but some complain they get some weird blue hue when looking at certain angle but doesn't bother me as much.

Look them up on Yelp. #1 shop in the past 4 years.

Interesting you mention Winco. I haven't heard a lot people here use them. A lot mention Llumar or 3M. But I reach out to a tint place in Costa Mesa and they swear by Winco.

I've read some experienced a blue hue with Winco.

What tint darkness did you use? Got a pic of your Tesla with Wincos?

I've had other films applied to my car over the years before finding out about Wincos. The biggest difference is heat rejection property. Even their lightest 75% film blocks a dramatic amount of heat. I've read somewhere it's manufactured in Japan and sold through Madico, so I know there will be somebody to back its lifetime fading warranty. Plus the price is more competitive compared to other ceramics.

I went 20% all around because I like the dark contrast with gray car. Had the same color combo on the Benz (which Tesla replaced) and it was still perfect after 3.5 years.

Don't have a photo right now, I'll try to get some after the car gets its first bath. :)

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, if you are just visiting the area and need to get around while they tint your car, Leo at TW tint will actually offer you their Scion to drive around. Really cool guy to work with.

Signature Glass Tinting in Costa Mesa did a fantastic job on my car. They were very helpful in helping me select a tint and they did a bang up job. Comes with a lifetime warranty on any of their tint jobs as well as an additional insurance plan you can pay up front for just in case your car gets cited for the tint job. They will remove the tint and redo it at no cost. The guy I spoke to told me that Teslas come in almost every week and he's done too many to count. They had many different types of tints to choose from as well, including ceramic tints. They had a nifty little heat lamp in the lobby to help demonstrate the levels of heat rejection between the different films.

Also 5 stars on Yelp, that's how I found the place. I called about 10+ tint shops in the area but this one was the most reasonable with price and marked highly for skill and service.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/signature-glass-tinting-costa-mesa

It's been a few months since I had my car tinted, holds up great and it's much cooler inside the car. Before I always had the A/C pumping and it would still be hot. I ran with Llumar ATC, but they also had Llumar CTX as well. No 3M.

Signature Glass Tinting in Costa Mesa did a fantastic job on my car. They were very helpful in helping me select a tint and they did a bang up job. Comes with a lifetime warranty on any of their tint jobs as well as an additional insurance plan you can pay up front for just in case your car gets cited for the tint job. They will remove the tint and redo it at no cost. The guy I spoke to told me that Teslas come in almost every week and he's done too many to count. They had many different types of tints to choose from as well, including ceramic tints. They had a nifty little heat lamp in the lobby to help demonstrate the levels of heat rejection between the different films.

Also 5 stars on Yelp, that's how I found the place. I called about 10+ tint shops in the area but this one was the most reasonable with price and marked highly for skill and service.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/signature-glass-tinting-costa-mesa

It's been a few months since I had my car tinted, holds up great and it's much cooler inside the car. Before I always had the A/C pumping and it would still be hot. I ran with Llumar ATC, but they also had Llumar CTX as well. No 3M.

THanks' I reached out to David for an Appointment. He was recommending Winco.