TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Auto-Unlock

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by jflaplante, Oct 3, 2017.

1. jflaplante

jflaplante Member

New Model 75D owner here. The car was built in September. I'm trying to find out if my doors are working properly.

Firmware release c64d5 came on delivery last Friday. I don't have the premium interior package so I'm not expecting auto-presenting front doors.

By reading the user manual, I am, however, expecting some kind of auto-unlock or unlock on door press behavior when I'm near with a keyfob. Absolutely nothing is happening when I get near the vehicle with either keyfobs. I need to double-click on the keyfob and then press on the handle in order for the door to open and me to get inside. I tried change from 'all' to 'driver' with no change.

I'm sorry if it has been discussed before but all I could find are older 2016 discussions where Tesla seems to have removed and then put back a few options in different firmware releases.

Thanks for any help.

JF.

2. Dr.Will

Dr.Will Member

I'm not sure if this applies to the non PUP but have you tried looking in the Control screen under DOORS and Settings? There's an option there for Auto Doors on the PUP and not sure if that's selected as on for you? Also, is there a "Passive Entry" option in that same screen? Switch that to on.

good luck!

3. DrivingRockies

I have a non-PUP. You should 100% be able to open all doors (aside from frunk) without using the keyfob (obviously has to be on your person and a good battery). My X is at the service center or I could check for settings, but you should not have to use the buttons on the FOB to unlock.

4. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Someone posted similar and was told new firmware was required. Let me see if I can find the thread.

5. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Nevermind. They had an "S" and when they pushed the handles slightly firmer it all worked as expected.

Look at Dr.Will's post above and check your settings.

You will want Passive Entry ON

6. jflaplante

jflaplante Member

Thanks, it was "Passive Entry", as soon as I activated it, it worked. I don't remember specifically reading about that in the manual. here's the paragraph I was reading before asking the question:

"If equipped with this convenience option,
    when you walk up to Model X carrying your
    key, doors automatically unlock and pressing
    the driver's door handle partially opens the
    door. If the Auto Front Door setting is turned
    on, you do not need to touch the door handle.
    Instead, the door automatically opens as you
    approach Model X and closes as you walk
    away from it."

Thanks again for the informations.

JF.

7. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Great!

Passive entry was added recently. Believed to be a response to RF signal key repeaters. Improved security.

8. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

For reference, this was firmware 17.38 (not that it was really pertinent, Passive Entry has been out for a couple of releases...) Lot easier to reference than the hashcode nightmare... :)

9. jflaplante

jflaplante Member

Thanks for the info. That also explains why it's not covered in the manual.