Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto wiper suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had a lot of precipitation in the SF Bay Area this winter and the wiper auto performance left a lot to be desired. I noticed that it had a hard time with drizzle, something we specialize in here. Similarly, when it’s not raining and other cars’ tires kick up a lot of drizzle/sprinkle the entire windshield can go hazy without a peep from the wipers.

I thought by pressing the button to make it go manual, the system would get the message but it’s clear it’s not set up to take user input into account yet.

Agree that wiper control is the worst feature on the Model 3. The system is working just as poorly as it did on day one, 10 months ago!
The wipers need a simple sensitivity control as is done on every other car.

My take on a simple solution:
  1. Bring up the Wipers card when the Salk button is first pressed or tap the Wipers Icon (as is done today)
  2. Keep the Wipers card on screen until it's swiped away (like the Tire psi card)
  3. Follow this link for the simple solution. Tap/Click the Wipers icon to start.
  4. Tesla Model 3 - Wipers
Tesla Model 3 - Wipers Concept.png

Reactions: iwannam3
I too have been thinking that the wipers need a sensitivity control. I live in Florida and feel they need to be just a bit more sensitive and activate a little more often or quicker. The worst (and most dangerous) scenario is when there's a sudden downpour and they don't move to the fastest setting. Then trying to switch them manually and taking your eyes off the road for a second makes it even worse.

I also think there should be a way to turn them on via something on the steering column rather than the screen. That's one control that is better in ICE vehicles because it's easy to flip the wipers quickly to any speed without taking your eyes off the road.