TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

auto wipers have left me

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Keith909man, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Keith909man

Keith909man Member

so.. just two days ago, it rained a little here in Seattle. Auto wipers kicked on, it stopped raining, but, wipers kept running.
    Confused, I turned them off manually on the stock. later during a sunny day, switched my wipers to sensitivity level 2 on the stock and the wipers just turned on to speed 2.. I go into the settings to ensure auto wipers are actually turned on and they are. I turned the setting off and on and still doesn't solve it. Basically what seems to be happening is that the car doesn't recognize the settings are set to auto wipers and kept over riding itself to think its in manual mode. I now have a service appt for it.
    I have never heard of anyone having this problem before. I also had my windshield replaced a couple days before this happened so I wonder if that has something to do with it?

2. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Active Member

Try rebooting the MCU, hold down and press both scroll wheels for like 10s. Do it when parked.

3. Keith909man

Keith909man Member

Done that with no luck