Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto wipers on in autopilot when it's not raining

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2022 Model 3 just had the windows tinted including the windshield. There was some condensation in the front camera area for a portion of a day that interfered with it, but it cleared up and seems to work fine. However, when I engage autopilot, the wipers come on. I understand the function is supposed to be active in autopilot, but it's been clear skies and sunny. I don't see any moisture in the camera unit or on any lens. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? This only started after windshield was tinted.

Probably not the exact fix people want, but S3XY buttons will let you disable auto-wipers when in autopilot. The device is a bit pricey ($220), but has a setting that will just turn the wipers off whenever autopilot/TACC is enabled.

It's is a little ODBII adapter that talks to wireless buttons that can be programmed to do various touchscreen controls. Can be useful in it's own right, but I honestly bought it just to disable the damn auto wipers.

Upvote 0
Driving late night 230 miles thru warm/dry Midwest weather.
Bug city splattering across entire windshield of course and of course AP enabled brought on dry wipers. I’m sure that’ll add some real longevity to this set of blades.
So late night driving and getting fatigued without AP.
Thanks Tesla.

Upvote 0
I applied rain repellent on the windshield and got problems with the wipers. Then I cleaned the windshield with anti-silicon (actually, I was removing glue from a masking tape after filling the gap between the glass with black silicon) and it helped.
So, try to clean the area with anti-silicon and then clean it with ordinary glass cleaner and a good paper towel.

Upvote 0