Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autocross- SCCA EV-X Class vs. SS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With no shims in the Gen1 MPP FUCA's camber ended up -2.4 drivers front, -2.7 passenger front
FYI, if you care to get this more centered, I had success in moving the subframe. Take the undertray off, loosen the subframe bolts, use a crowbar to move it (towards the driver side in your case). This will mess with your steering wheel centering until you re-align it. Shouldn't touch the toe though. My car was like yours and now it's within 0.05 on each side.

I have a decision to make as I embark on autocrossing my 22 M3P. Here in Lancaster/Harrisburg PA area, I will be the only Tesla. My thought was to go ahead and run SS. There are two very accomplished guys....one with GT3 and the other a GT4 which I don't think I can run with unless it rains at every event :) ....there are a couple of corvettes in SS too. I think I can be competitive with them.
If I go to EVX....I will be alone.....only running for PAX honors.....and I guess go down the modification rabbit hole.....

Last edited:
Reactions: randmness
FYI, if you care to get this more centered, I had success in moving the subframe. Take the undertray off, loosen the subframe bolts, use a crowbar to move it (towards the driver side in your case). This will mess with your steering wheel centering until you re-align it. Shouldn't touch the toe though. My car was like yours and now it's within 0.05 on each side.

Ugh. I'm not sure how much I care to be honest but good info.

I have a decision to make as I embark on autocrossing my 22 M3P. Here in Lancaster/Harrisburg PA area, I will be the only Tesla. My thought was to go ahead and run SS. There are two very accomplished guys....one with GT3 and the other a GT4.........there are a couple of corvettes in SS too. I think I can be competitive with them.
If I go to EVX....I will be alone.....only running for PAX honors.....and I guess go down the modification rabbit hole.....

Hey John, it's Matt... What region/club? I know Eric Coffman runs his GT3 at some Central PA events, he beat up on me in SS the entire 2020 season when I was stock, even in EV-X it's hard to be competitive against that car depending on course.

Susquehanna Region
1648748375468.png

1648748292759.png

I have lots of experience battling Porsches unfortunately, Eric's is a PDK and that thing straight rips.

Reactions: Lindenwood
where in the SCCA rules say a Tesla is not allowed in XSA
Maybe this? ;)
Engine cylinder block or rotor housing must be from a production automobile or a copy (e.g., Dart, BMP, Ford Performance); non-US blocks are permitted. Motorcycle or industrial-based cylinder blocks are not allowed.
But overall I'd say it would be a very picky person that tried to argue that a Model 3 wasn't allowed in XSA. The fact the exclusion list includes some SS cars kind of hints at what it is meant for though.

Come and try to win some money. Unfortunately we are not recognizing EV-X (maybe next year as I might go that route) so we would stuff you in XS but come out for the weekend for a national level competition where you could get paid!

Supercharger is 30 minutes away, I arrive to the venue with ~93% battery
Camping on site (no amenities unless a port-a-potty counts)
Sampson State Park has camping spots across the street

@SK360 @Fprodget @Rodney! I know you 3 should come out because you are close enough!

Come and try to win some money. Unfortunately we are not recognizing EV-X (maybe next year as I might go that route) so we would stuff you in XS but come out for the weekend for a national level competition where you could get paid!

Supercharger is 30 minutes away, I arrive to the venue with ~93% battery
Camping on site (no amenities unless a port-a-potty counts)
Sampson State Park has camping spots across the street

@SK360 @Fprodget @Rodney! I know you 3 should come out because you are close enough!

5 hours from me. Hrmmmm will have to see what’s going on in life as that gets closer, have a lot in flight atm. Plus that’s breaking my SCCA boycott and no EV-X? Pft! 😂

5 hours from me. Hrmmmm will have to see what’s going on in life as that gets closer, have a lot in flight atm. Plus that’s breaking my SCCA boycott and no EV-X? Pft! 😂

SCCA doesn't pay out for AutoX...
But yeah I figured the no EV-X would lose you the most. No reason to add it if we have no one running it, supps are already done for this year sorry :(

You letting me drive yer car? I still don't have a vin... 😭

You bringing the hoosiers? but seriously there will be seats available in other cars that will be more competitive if you wanted to come up...

SCCA doesn't pay out for AutoX...
But yeah I figured the no EV-X would lose you the most. No reason to add it if we have no one running it, supps are already done for this year sorry :(

You bringing the hoosiers? but seriously there will be seats available in other cars that will be more competitive if you wanted to come up...

Yeah but needing to pay for a SCCA weekend membership will make me cry. 😬.

Metallica is in town that weekend and there’s something else pending that could flip our entire life upside down, I do really want to make it up to Seneca Army Depot though, if not this year next year for sure.

Yeah but needing to pay for a SCCA weekend membership will make me cry. 😬.

Metallica is in town that weekend and there’s something else pending that could flip our entire life upside down, I do really want to make it up to Seneca Army Depot though, if not this year next year for sure.

Lol.

Alright, I'll hold you to the next year for sure.

Reactions: SK360
Susquehanna SCCA club here in Harrisburg PA recognizes the EVX class now. First event is April 30.

Reactions: DFW_MVP and SK360
Susquehanna SCCA club here in Harrisburg PA recognizes the EVX class now. First event is April 30.

Drooling at that first car off time, although it can be quite cool in the morning still...
Absolutely love the view the quick car classing guide -> 397 pages of the entire rulebook LOL

Drooling at that first car off time, although it can be quite cool in the morning still...
Absolutely love the view the quick car classing guide -> 397 pages of the entire rulebook LOL
Unless I am missing something being new to the Tesla....there are three choices Super Street, A Street Prep, or EVX. and maybe XSA.....but that Peachey fellow in the corvette is obscenely fast.