Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autocross- SCCA EV-X Class vs. SS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mountain Pass is a little bit cold in selling the Party Box it looks like to me... It's so shitty Tesla does not give the option of buying the track mode for boost owners...
@Nabush That's unfortunate about not being able to buy a Party Box from MPP. I understand why they want to vet customers for it, but an experienced autocrosser wanting to autox their non-P Model 3 seems like a legit use case. Do they only want to sell it to people buying other parts from them?

Someone once told me Ingenext's modules can dial back or otherwise reprogram/replace the nannies too. This was in the context of a Model Y (where there's no Track Mode even for MYP), but I am seeing a "drift mode" feature listed on their Model 3 modules too. Sounds like it keeps ABS while disabling TC. Unclear if it also forces a strong RWD bias to the power delivery though like Track Mode's Drift preset. I imagine that would not be good for autox times.

Since you already bought Tesla official AB I think you could just get Ingenext's cheaper "bonus" module, which I believe gives most or all of their boost module features except for the actual power boost itself (which you already have from Tesla).

I don't have any Ingenext module and haven't looked into them closely, so take all this with a grain of salt i.e. do you own reading / research to confirm all of this. :)

Reactions: buckets0fun
Yeah the Ingenext Bonus module could be an option... On paper I prefer the MPP option though...
Understood, MPP Party Box would be my choice too if available.

How old is your LR AWD? Does it by any chance have the 980 rear motor? I recently saw discussion that the Ingenext Ghost module seems to give access to all the core Track Mode features via some alternative custom means of configuring it, since it doesn't actually enable Track Mode in the Tesla infotainment UI.

MPP Party Box and Ingenext are the only off-the-shelf TC override options I'm aware of.

Could also sell your LR and buy a P. ;)

Reactions: buckets0fun
My LR is a 09/2021 so 990 motor

Nah I don't think selling for a P would be a good move right now. More than performance I need range before all. Car is my daily and range is already an issue for all big trips and remote area with no chargers. I already had to take my wife car's several time in vacations because doing it with the Tesla would have been a PITA ... (I live in the Far West ^^)

Someone on here mentioned hill racing. I enjoy watching hill racing. I still enjoy driving on hills and corners. This is not me but thought this was cool

I was living 30 min from the longest and fastest hillclimb of France (Mont Ventoux). This is spectacular to see !! If I was not afraid of destroying my vette, I would do hillclimb competitions more often. I'm mainly sticking to roadcourse as if you go out, chances are your car will still be okay.

Reactions: tm1v2
40F/38R was my latest
First outing on these (RT660), and my fastest run was on 37/37. At higher pressures I think my inner tread was heating up more than the outside, so I let them roll a hair more.
Just to follow up, now two events, 25 runs with my tire setting on Zero-G wheels, and I haven't had my traction control act up like I was when on one of the 19" options.
So, on my first run that I was gonna take it easy to make sure nothing rubs under actual cornering loads, I set the wheel config to 18" v2 wheels (which have 0.1" on my tires' diameter). Got all the Christmas lights come on half-way through the run, disabling the track mode to boot. Set it to the Zero-G option afterwards, and the rest of the runs went fine.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Running a Model 3 AWD boost here. (normally running a 620HP SSM Corvette C7 GrandSport)

Car has Eibach progressive lowering springs, very close to OEM, ride is just 1in lower.

I did an AutoX with the car in April with 235/45 18 PS4S. The car did pretty well but was massively undertired and not giving power unless wheels were straight.

I had the opportunity to buy a set of APEX EC7 wheels with brand new 265/35 18 RT660 tires.

I had a question : did someone try to run AutoX with ABS disconnected ? I did some test on the road, steering assist is low but it is not an issue, but doing some braking tests (on cold tires) I locked my front wheels very easily, way sooner than I would have expected.

Do you feel losing ABS is worth more adjustability and acceleration with the car vs restrictive EPS/TC ? I don't want to put to many flats on my new tires ^^

Mountain Pass is a little bit cold in selling the Party Box it looks like to me... It's so shitty Tesla does not give the option of buying the track mode for boost owners...

I wouldn't run without ABS. Unless you are a god, you will be giving up time or flat spotting your tires. The only time to disconnect abs in a non track mode car would be to have fun in a snowy empty parking lot or you got a set of tires you want to finish off in a squeal show.

Here's a link to the Redhills SCCA.
Redhills SCCA

That's the group that runs the events in your area. You will find all the info you need on their website. Have fun!
Sometimes I envy these smaller regions with 30-40 people, getting to do 7+ runs worth 40-50 seconds at each event, when regions around me can only scrape together 5 runs on a good day....

Reactions: M3Pdude
So... I got the Ingenext Bonus module... And so far not good. Looks like their drift mode disables the boost function.

At 40% battery SOC could not do better than 4.0-4.1s flat to 60 and 3.6-3.7s without drift mode (so with boost active), clearly lacking the punch of the boost. Extremely disappointing. For AutoX I need the boost, the punch a low speed is what is needed... I contacted them but I'm pretty pessimistic for a favorable resolution.

Installation was a major pain in the ass. I have scars all over my left hand. Accessing the MCU plugs is a nightmare.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
My LR is a 09/2021 so 990 motor

Nah I don't think selling for a P would be a good move right now. More than performance I need range before all. Car is my daily and range is already an issue for all big trips and remote area with no chargers. I already had to take my wife car's several time in vacations because doing it with the Tesla would have been a PITA ... (I live in the Far West ^^)
performance has the same range if you swap the same tires on

I love swapping the wheels and tires, adding neg camber and firming up the coilovers on this car. In an hour transforms from comfortable daily to track monster.

Attachments

• 20220708_122925.jpg
    20220708_122925.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 20220708_123727.jpg
    20220708_123727.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220708_130323.jpg
    20220708_130323.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: SK360
Do you autox with regen on? My natural answer was "Yes of course, I just need to learn how to control my right foot better." But then I experimented with using the "roll" setting instead of "stop" (remember, no Track Mode here) and now I can lift the throttle without the nose diving. It allows me to use the left pedal to control trail braking and weight transfer - it was MUCH easier to throw the car around instead of over-slowing for my corners.

There are natural advantages to autoxing with normal/max regen, though.... I wonder if there are other advantages/disadvantages I'm not considering? What do YOU do?
I am getting conflicting reports, some run full regen some turn it off for solo events.

What say the collective? 🤔

Regen is personal preference. Some like the behavior and ability to get a bit of braking without moving to the brake pedal, others find it upsets the car based on the way they drive.
There is no collective answer.
Try both, see which makes you faster.
This. I’m a full regen kind of guy, I like being able to slightly lift if I need to correct in a slalom

Reactions: gearchruncher