Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autocross

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just FYI, my Ranger confirmed to me today that the high rear camber is required for stability; without it the rear end would be too squirrely. Pretty much what I figured... but not great for tire wear.

You just need to rotate tires on each wheel. I though about doing this soon even though my racing rears are supposed to be with one side facing out. I think they will still work ok, at least enough to have some fun on!
Not Canada but here is a S 1st person Auto X to compare to you R -ster
+ my other S youtube vids should be there somewhere

Last edited by a moderator:
I've autocrossed my Roadster twice now and had a blast! I will say that on a very short course (all that I've run) I've been right in line with nearly stock 2nd and 3rd gen Miatas. The Roadster's weight balance really isn't ideal but the power makes up for it. I let a more experienced driver have a go for two rounds and he shaved 2 seconds off of my time of ~17 seconds and it was the fastest of the day.

How do your times compare to the other cars?

RSCC 2013 Results
this was my second day ever at AutoX
http://www.rscc.net/pdf/6-15-2013.pdf

here is the last AutoX I ran
http://www.rscc.net/pdf/8-18-2013.pdf
I think I am getting a little better but still have some room to get my lines and speeds better.
0.8 Seconds behind the S2000's seems pretty good for a 4700lb car that is so wide!

never been beaten by the M3 ;>
the top times are guys who have been racing for a while. My only experience comes from Granturismo 2 or need for speed maybe? and driving crazy up Pagemill rd etc. 'back in the day' Cones are fun and safer!

- - - Updated - - -

I've autocrossed my Roadster twice now and had a blast! I will say that on a very short course (all that I've run) I've been right in line with nearly stock 2nd and 3rd gen Miatas. The Roadster's weight balance really isn't ideal but the power makes up for it. I let a more experienced driver have a go for two rounds and he shaved 2 seconds off of my time of ~17 seconds and it was the fastest of the day.

that is a short auto X! all of the races I've done were 50-70s
typo?

Unfortunately it's difficult to compare cars when they're driven by different people! I've been doing autocross for three seasons now, and have improved pretty dramatically. Seat time is king!

Our local group uses a classification system that puts cars in 5 bins. The Roadster is rated as "B" class. Right now a bad day puts me in the middle of the pack, and a good day puts me in 5th place.

Unfortunately it's difficult to compare cars when they're driven by different people! I've been doing autocross for three seasons now, and have improved pretty dramatically. Seat time is king!
I agree. Each race I am a little faster and so far I have had my best run of the day being my last run almost every time. I want to let someone drive my S in AutoX but am a tad hesitant + I don't expect someone used to a small car to be better in the S than me since I am pretty used to it's size and weight (but I am probably wrong). I have had people offer to let me try their car on some of the fun laps we run but I haven't taken the offer.
I sent a classing request into the SCCA and they put the '12 Model S in F stock.