Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autoflex'd my MS!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some more pics taken with a DSLR..

0105D0F2-341A-4A11-AD9D-CB35903312F4.jpeg C6C61405-EEE7-49ED-847B-A401BFEA587F.jpeg ACAD4C84-94CF-4DE2-AC0B-6D3DAC3F88E2.jpeg 29F13314-3915-4161-A96B-354C383E78D8.jpeg 6B0A9048-6EFF-409D-A5B4-65D15EFC5F46.jpeg D7AF8C6E-87A5-4209-81E3-32FA967CE70B.jpeg 72F47ED8-059D-4177-89B8-942B746901BC.jpeg 3C7E8660-1A04-4C56-A033-8D0B141182D2.jpeg 0B290A40-2415-42CA-8D98-192CFB25ACF9.jpeg 99E0713E-365E-44CC-9EDE-A2CB6585F7CF.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Don TLR
Definitely. I wouldn’t recommend autoflexing door and trunk jams as it is very time consuming which becomes expensive. It’s probably cheaper to vinyl it. What color are you thinking of doing?

Right, that's why a color like yours is great, goes well with just about everything, I've been searching for MCR cars and there are so few of them, if I just got a darker color which is cheaper and plentiful I can change it to a Red that I like.

I told a friend I picked up an S and he said please tell me its not black, I see so many of those.. Now I'm going to open my eyes to more colors just for the Autoflexd reason..

For under 3k, you got yourself a new car. I can't say enough about how good it looks.

Thanks. I priced out a new car and it came down to 3k vs 20k in depreciation/etc. My car only has 25k miles on it and has been perfect. It would have been silly to sell it just for a new color and facelift. I don't consider AP2 an advantage YET. Now with new color, I actually really like the nosecone where as before I hated it and loved the facelift.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Right, that's why a color like yours is great, goes well with just about everything, I've been searching for MCR cars and there are so few of them, if I just got a darker color which is cheaper and plentiful I can change it to a Red that I like.

I told a friend I picked up an S and he said please tell me its not black, I see so many of those.. Now I'm going to open my eyes to more colors just for the Autoflexd reason..

Just to set expectations, Autoflex is not like a real paint job. There are some minor imperfections in a few spots as it's a very difficult material to install and work with. I recommend anyone who is buying a new car to consider picking a color they like and maybe doing xpel stealth, etc. If I had Deep Blue Metallic originally, I probably would never have done this project. My car was a CPO and I did scratch it up a little the past 1.5 years, so I had more of an incentive to do this project.

We also don't know how this will look in a few years. I took a gamble, but for now, I am loving it. In a few years, it turns out to fade, peel, etc, I have an excuse to buy a new car ;)

Reactions: Don TLR
Just to set expectations, Autoflex is not like a real paint job. There are some minor imperfections in a few spots as it's a very difficult material to install and work with. I recommend anyone who is buying a new car to consider picking a color they like and maybe doing xpel stealth, etc. If I had Deep Blue Metallic originally, I probably would never have done this project. My car was a CPO and I did scratch it up a little the past 1.5 years, so I had more of an incentive to do this project.

We also don't know how this will look in a few years. I took a gamble, but for now, I am loving it. In a few years, it turns out to fade, peel, etc, I have an excuse to buy a new car ;)

I'm cheap or frugal, ya that's it.. I would probably never own a new car but when searching for CPO car's, it widens the search a whole lot when you can focus more on options an interior, then eventually get the color you want or as Hank said, change it down the road as the mood fits.
I've currently got the color I want but searching for a P85D in MCR leaves me with 2 cars currently that both have tan interiors, taking the paint out of it opens my choices as both of you guys have shown.