Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoLock Doors When Driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I read a post where the current firmware automatically enables AutoLocking the doors when driving. However, in my X, when I drive off, the lock icon in the top left corner of the screen does not show as locking automatically. So currently, I need to manually hit that icon to lock all of the doors. When I park and walk away from the car, the doors do autolock though.

Is it only my car or am I misunderstanding the configuration?

image.jpeg
I checked the car to be sure, but the setting is not there. I believe the latest firmware updates have removed it and now it is automatically on.

So question to everyone. Does your Model X autolock when you drive away?

Screenshot of my car's setting just in case you are curious.

Rebooted the display with the double thumbwheel method this morning as well and no luck. I also verified that the door themselves do not physically lock (as opposed to a display error on the 17" panel). Odd, this seems like something simple to catch but I am surprised that no one else seems to have this issue?

The problem I have is that when I drop off my son to school, I have my foot on the break with the car still on drive. He opens and closes the door and then I drive off, the autolock feature does not work even after driving over 10mph. I have driven Model S loaner cars and have proven that the autolock feature works on the S but not on the Model X. My SC said this is a known bug on the Model X that they still haven't been able to fix. They suggested that I put the car on park first and then drive off. Why does it work for the Model S and not on the X? Anyone having the same problem? Can anyone confirm that this is a Model X bug? Thanks.